Amaltas (Cassia fistula)
Bright yellow blossoms characterise Amaltas, also known as Rajvraksha in Ayurveda.(HR/1)
It is regarded as one among India’s most beautiful trees. After lunch and dinner, taking Amaltas churna with warm water may help manage blood sugar levels by increasing insulin secretion due to its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It also aids in weight loss by improving body metabolism. Due to its diuretic effect, amaltas may also help regulate urinary problems and eliminate toxins from the body by boosting urine production. Its antipyretic (fever-reducing) and antitussive (cough-relieving) properties make it effective for fever and cough. Because of its laxative properties, eating Amaltas fruit pulp paste with warm water can aid with constipation.Pain and inflammation can be relieved by mixing Amaltas leaf paste with honey or cow’s milk. Because of its antibacterial and antifungal characteristics, Amaltas leaf paste can also be used to aid wound healing and treat skin infections. Excessive consumption of Amaltas, according to Ayurveda, can produce illnesses like cough and cold due to its Sita (chill) activity.
Amaltas is also known as :- Cassia fistula, Cassia, Indian Laburnum, Sondal, Bahva, Garmalo, Aragvadha, Chaturangula, Rajvraksha
Amaltas is obtained from :- Plant
Uses and benefits of Amaltas:-
As per several scientific studies, uses and benefits of Amaltas (Cassia fistula) are mentioned as per below(HR/2)
- Constipation : The Vata and Pitta doshas are exacerbated, resulting in constipation. This can be caused by eating junk food frequently, drinking too much coffee or tea, sleeping late at night, stress, or despair. Vata and Pitta are aggravated by all of these causes, resulting in constipation. Because of its Sramsana (basic purgative) character, Amaltas can help with constipation if taken frequently. It aids in the easy expulsion of waste materials from the large intestine. a. Take 1-2 teaspoon paste of Amaltas fruit pulp. b. Combine it with one glass of warm water and drink it after dinner to relieve constipation.
- Piles : In Ayurveda, piles are referred to as Arsh, and they are caused by a poor diet and a sedentary lifestyle. All three doshas, particularly Vata, are harmed as a result of this. Constipation is caused by an exacerbated Vata, which has a low digestive fire. This causes rectum veins to expand, resulting in pile formation. Amaltas’ Sramsana (basic purgative) virtue aids in constipation relief. This also minimises the pile mass size. a. Take 1-2 teaspoons of fruit pulp from the Amaltas tree. c. Boil it in warm water and drink it after dinner.
- Hyperacidity : “The term “hyperacidity” refers to a high level of acid in the stomach. An exacerbated Pitta weakens the digestive fire, resulting in incorrect food digestion and Ama formation. This Ama builds up in the digestive system, causing hyperacidity. Amaltas aids in the reduction of hyperacidity. It aids in the removal of stored Ama from the digestive tract as well as the management of hyperacidity. Take 1 teaspoon of Amaltas fruit pulp as a starting point. b. Add 1/2 teaspoon Mishri to the mixture. c. Take it with water before lunch and dinner to help with hyperacidity.”
- Rheumatoid Arthritis : In Ayurveda, Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) is called as Aamavata. Amavata is a disorder in which the Vata dosha is vitiated and Ama is accumulated in the joints (s). Amavta begins with a weakened digestive fire, resulting in the accumulation of Ama (toxic remains in the body due to improper digestion). This Ama is delivered by Vata to various areas, but instead of being absorbed, it builds up in the joints, causing Rheumatoid Arthritis. Regular consumption of Amaltas reduces Ama and manages the symptoms of Rheumatoid Arthritis thanks to its Deepan and Pachan qualities.A. Amaltas Kadha, A. Amaltas Kadha, A. Amaltas Kadha i. Use 1-2 teaspoons of Amaltas fruit pulp paste. ii. Reduce the amount to 12 cup by boiling it in 2 cups of water. Amaltas Kadha is my name. iii. Combine 4-5 tablespoons of kadha with the same amount of water. iv. Take it after lunch and dinner to help with Rheumatoid Arthritis symptoms (Aamavata).
- Skin Allergy : Due to its Madhur (sweet) and Ropan (healing) characteristics, the paste or juice of Amaltas leaves is effective in reducing inflammation and irritation in a variety of skin conditions. When applied on a daily basis, Amaltas has a calming effect and minimises skin irritation as a result of these qualities. Tips: a. Make an Amaltas leaf paste. b. Add coconut oil or goat’s milk to the mix. c. To get rid of skin allergy or irritation, apply once a day or three times a week to the affected area.
- Abdominal pain : When applied externally around the navel area, a paste of Amaltas fruit pulp relieves belly pain caused by flatulence by ensuring evacuation, especially in children. Tips: a. Measure 1/2-1 teaspoon Amaltas fruit paste into a small bowl. c. Combine with sesame oil to make a paste. c. To relieve abdominal pain, apply to the navel area.
- Wound healing : Because of its Ropan (healing) quality, a paste of Amaltas leaves aids in the fast healing of wounds when applied. a. Make a paste of 1 to 2 teaspoons of Amaltas leaves. b. Combine the ingredients and apply to the affected region. b. After 4-6 hours, wash it with plain water. d. Do this every day to hasten wound healing.
Precautions to be taken while using Amaltas:-
As per several scientific studies, below precautions should to be taken while taking Amaltas (Cassia fistula)(HR/3)
- Avoid Amaltas if you are suffering from diarrhea or loose motion.
Special precautions to be taken while taking Amaltas:-
As per several scientific studies, below special precautions should to be taken while taking Amaltas (Cassia fistula)(HR/4)
- Breastfeeding : Amaltas should be avoided while breastfeeding.
- Pregnancy : Amaltas should be avoided during pregnancy.
- Allergy : If your skin is hypersensitive, mix the paste of Amaltas leaves, bark, and fruit pulp with honey, oil, or any moisturising lotion.
How to take Amaltas:-
As per several scientific studies, Amaltas (Cassia fistula) can be taken into the methods mentioned as per below(HR/5)
- Amaltas Fruit Pulp Paste : Take one to two teaspoon Amaltas fruit Pulp PasteAdd it to one glass of warm water and also have it after dinner at night to manage constipation.
- Amaltas Churna : Take one fourth to half teaspoon Amaltas Churna (one to twogm) with warm water after lunch and also dinner. Repeat daily to keep a good gastrointestinal system.
- Amaltas Capsule : Take one to two Amaltas capsule with cozy water after lunch and also supper.
- Amaltas Kadha : Take one to two teaspoon of paste of Amaltas fruit pulp. Boil it in two mugs of water till the amount lowers to half cup. This is Amaltas Kadha. Take four to five teaspoons of this kadha as well as include the very same amount of water. Drink it after lunch and dinner to take care of the signs and symptoms of Rheumatoid Joint inflammation (Aamavata).
- Amaltas Paste Of Leaves : Take a handful of Amaltas leaves or according to your requirement. Make a paste of the leaves. Take half to one teaspoon of the paste of Amaltas leaves. Mix with honey as well as apply on the impacted area. Leave it for 4 to 6 hours and also wash with ordinary water. Repeat it again the next day for fast injury healing.
- Fruit pulp paste : Take half to one teaspoon Amaltas fruit pulp paste. Mix with sesame oil as well as apply on the navel location to eliminate stomach pain.
How much Amaltas should be taken:-
As per several scientific studies, Amaltas (Cassia fistula) should be taken into the amounts mentioned as per below(HR/6)
- Amaltas Paste : One to two teaspoon once a day, or, Half to one teaspoon or as per your requirement.
- Amaltas Capsule : One to two capsules twice a day.
- Amaltas Powder : One fourth to half teaspoon twice a day, or, Half to one teaspoon or as per your requirement.
Side effects of Amaltas:-
As per several scientific studies, below side effects need to be taken into consideration while taking Amaltas (Cassia fistula)(HR/7)
- There is not enough scientific data available about side effects of this herb yet.
Questions asked frequently Related to the Amaltas:-
Question. Is Amaltas edible?
Answer. Yes, Amlatas is commonly used in Ayurvedic medicine to treat a variety of gastrointestinal issues.
Question. Where can I get Amaltas powder?
Answer. Amaltas powder can be found in a variety of brands on the market. It can be purchased from any Ayurvedic store or via online sources.
Question. Does Amaltas cure constipation?
Answer. Because of its laxative properties, Amaltas can help with constipation, especially in children. It facilitates stool ejection and minimises pain during the procedure.
Question. Is Amaltas good for piles?
Answer. Although there isn’t adequate scientific evidence, Amaltas has been used to treat piles in traditional medicine.
Question. Can Amaltas leaves be used for fever?
Answer. Because of its antipyretic effects, Amaltas leaves are used to treat fever. Due to its analgesic effect, it decreases body temperature and relieves physical pain linked with fever.
Because Ama (toxic leftovers in the body owing to incorrect digestion) and an increased Pitta are sometimes responsible for fever, the leaves of Amaltas can help alleviate the symptoms of fever. Amaltas has the ability to diminish Ama while also balancing Pitta. This aids in the reduction of fever symptoms.
Question. Is Amaltas beneficial for cardiac problems?
Answer. Because of its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant characteristics, Amaltas is good to the heart. Antioxidants found in Amaltas fight free radicals and protect heart cells from harm. This aids in the protection of the heart and the reduction of the risk of heart disease.
Yes, Amaltas can help with heart difficulties. Due to its Hrdya (cardiac protective) feature, it preserves heart muscles and maintains good heart function.
Question. Is Amaltas beneficial for diabetes?
Answer. Amaltas may aid in the management of diabetes. This is owing to its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects. It protects pancreatic cells from injury and improves insulin secretion. This aids in the reduction of blood sugar levels.
Taking Amaltas aids in the reduction of Ama (toxic leftovers in the body as a result of incorrect digestion), which is the primary cause of high blood sugar levels. As a result, Amaltas is useful for diabetics. Tip 1-14-12 teaspoon Amaltas Churna 2. Take after lunch and dinner with a glass of warm water. 3. Do this every day to keep your blood sugar in check.
Question. How does Amaltas help in chronic cough?
Answer. Because of its antitussive properties, amaltas aids in the treatment of chronic cough. It works as a cough suppressant and aids in cough reduction.
Despite its Sita (cold) character, Amaltas is an efficient technique to combat persistent cough. Due to its Kapha balancing properties, Amaltas aids in the expulsion of excessive sputum from the lungs and provides cough alleviation. Take 14-12 teaspoon Amaltas Churna as a first step. 2. After lunch and dinner, take with warm water or honey to relieve cough.
Question. Does Amaltas provide relief from urinary problems?
Answer. Because of its diuretic properties, Amaltas aids in the management of urinary issues. It aids in the removal of toxins from the body by increasing urine output. This helps to lower the risk of urinary tract infections.
Question. How does Amaltas boosts immunity?
Answer. Due to its immunomodulatory properties, amaltas boosts immunity. It strengthens the immune system by regulating RBC cell development in the spleen and increasing the amount of cells involved in immunity formation.
Question. Does Amaltas help in weight loss?
Answer. Yes, Amaltas aids weight loss by boosting the body’s metabolism.
Question. Is Amaltas good for wound healing?
Answer. Yes, Amaltas could help with wound healing. It can be used to treat infected skin sores. Amaltas ointment can help to reduce wound size, improve wound closure, and regenerate tissue around the wound. Amaltas also has antibacterial properties, which helps to avoid infection of wounds.
It is regarded as one among India’s most beautiful trees. After lunch and dinner, taking Amaltas churna with warm water may help manage blood sugar levels by increasing insulin secretion due to its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.