Celery (Apium graveolens)
Celery, also known as Ajmoda, is a plant whose leaves and stem are often consumed as part of a balanced diet.(HR/1)
Celery is a versatile vegetable that symbolises “fast action.” Celery’s high water content helps to keep the body hydrated while also removing toxins. Due to its high fibre content, it helps with indigestion and constipation by boosting gut health. Celery leaves help with weight loss by providing a feeling of fullness and preventing overeating. Celery’s anti-inflammatory properties may also help treat gout symptoms by lowering pain and inflammation.Because of its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory characteristics, it controls cholesterol levels by reducing total blood cholesterol as well as bad cholesterol (LDL). Before going to bed, mix 2-3 teaspoons celery juice with honey in a glass of water for a relaxing effect and to help manage insomnia. Celery stalks aid in the management of menstruation pain, cramps, and bloating by increasing urine due to its diuretic properties.
Celery is also known as :- Apium graveolens, Ajmod, Ajmuda, Ajwain-ka-patta, Vamaku, Randhuni
Celery is obtained from :- Plant
Uses and benefits of Celery:-
As per several scientific studies, uses and benefits of Celery (Apium graveolens) are mentioned as per below(HR/2)
- Indigestion : Due to the presence of phytochemicals, celery may be beneficial to your whole digestive system. In addition, the high water and fibre content may aid digestion and manage constipation
- Menstrual pain : ” Celery is known to help with menstruation pain to some extent. Due to its high water content, celery can help with bloating during menstruation. According to a study, celery can also help with menstrual cramps.1. As a healthy snack, eat a bowl of celery stalks.2. It goes well with savoury dips like peanut butter.”
- Headache : Celery can help with headaches that are mild to moderate. When the blood arteries in the brain dilate, the pain mediators are activated, resulting in a headache. Celery is a natural anti-inflammatory. It reduces headaches by lowering the activity of pain mediators.
- Gout : Gout is treated with celery. Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, celery may be useful in the treatment of gout discomfort. Apiin, a natural flavonoid found in celery, is responsible for this feature. Apiin helps to relieve pain and inflammation by reducing the activity of pain mediators.
- Insomnia : Celery has been shown to improve sleep quality. Celery contains 3, nbutylphthalide, which has a soothing effect on the central nervous system and aids sleep. 1. Mix one glass of water with 2-3 tablespoons of celery juice. 2. Mix in 1 teaspoon honey. 3. Drink it right before bedtime. 4. Remember to empty your bladder before going to bed; otherwise, trips to the bathroom will keep you awake.
Precautions to be taken while using Celery:-
As per several scientific studies, below precautions should to be taken while taking Celery (Apium graveolens)(HR/3)
Special precautions to be taken while taking Celery:-
As per several scientific studies, below special precautions should to be taken while taking Celery (Apium graveolens)(HR/4)
- Moderate Medicine Interaction : Thyroid hormone deficit is treated with levothyroxine. Taking celery with levothyroxine may reduce the effectiveness of the latter. As a result, you should seek medical advice.
- Patients with heart disease : Celery has been shown to reduce blood pressure. As a result, while using Celery with anti-hypertensive medicines, it is typically recommended that blood pressure be monitored on a regular basis.
Celery may have diuretic effects (increased urine output). Thus, it is generally advised to consult your doctor if you are taking other diuretics because of additive effects.
How to take Celery:-
As per several scientific studies, Celery (Apium graveolens) can be taken into the methods mentioned as per below(HR/5)
- Celery Juice : Take two to three teaspoons of Celery juice in a glass. Add the very same quantity of water and also drink it. Take this juice two times a day, after two hours of meals.
- Celery Capsule : Take one to two Celery capsules. Swallow it with water twice a day, after meals.
- Celery Powder : Take half to one teaspoon of Celery powder. Swallow it with warm water twice a day.
How much Celery should be taken:-
As per several scientific studies, Celery (Apium graveolens) should be taken into the amounts mentioned as per below(HR/6)
- Celery Juice : Two to three teaspoons twice a day
- Celery Capsule : One to two capsule twice a day
- Celery Powder : Half to one teaspoon twice a day
Side effects of Celery:-
As per several scientific studies, below side effects need to be taken into consideration while taking Celery (Apium graveolens)(HR/7)
- There is not enough scientific data available about side effects of this herb yet.
Questions asked frequently Related to the Celery:-
Question. Can you use Celery leaves in soup?
Answer. Yes, celery leaves can be added to soup to improve the flavour while also providing numerous health benefits such as lowering blood pressure, cholesterol, menstruation pain, weight loss, arthritis pain relief, and detoxification.
Question. What is the recipe for Celery soup?
Answer. Celery soup can be made in a variety of ways: 1. Chop your vegetables of choice, as well as a cup of fresh whole celery. 2. In a kettle of boiling water, cook for 10 minutes. 3. Continue to cook for another 5 minutes. OR Another option is to add celery leaves to your favourite chicken or veggie soup.
Question. How do you store Celery?
Answer. To preserve celery crisp and fresh for a few days, wrap it securely in aluminium foil and store it in the refrigerator. If you keep it for too long, it will lose all of its nutrients.
Question. Can we eat the root of Celery?
Answer. Celery root, often known as celeriac, is a slightly brown-colored edible root vegetable. It tastes like celery and has a starchy, potato-like texture. Boiling celery root and then adding it to soups or mashing it like potatoes is an easy method to eat it. It can be eaten uncooked as well.
Question. What are the benefits of Celery and Cucumber juice?
Answer. Drinking a glass of celery and cucumber juice, particularly during the heat, will be beneficial to your health. It will hydrate your body as well as detoxify and cleanse your stomach. This will eventually aid with weight management.
Question. What recipe should I use to make Celery juice?
Answer. The following procedure can be used to make celery juice: 1. Take as many fresh celery leaves as you need. 2. Rinse the celery and squeeze the juice out with a juicer. 3. Take a sip of fresh celery juice.
Question. How to make Celery soup?
Answer. The following are the steps to make celery soup: 1. Chop up fresh celery into small chunks. 2. In a pan, heat the oil. 3. Cook the celery, onion, and garlic in the pan until they are tender. 4. Fill the container with water. 5. Bring it to a boil over medium heat. 6. Pour it into a cup and enjoy it while it’s still hot.
Question. Is Celery beneficial for weight loss?
Answer. Yes, celery can help you lose weight by boosting your digestion. Celery has a lot of fibre and water. As a result, you will feel more full and will be able to stave off hunger cravings. Celery can help you lose weight to some level by helping you regulate your appetite.
Question. Is Celery good for arthritis pain?
Answer. Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, celery is said to be beneficial in the treatment of arthritic pain. Apiin, a natural flavonoid found in celery, is responsible for this feature. Apiin helps to relieve pain and inflammation in the body by reducing the activity of pain mediators.
Question. Is Celery stalk good for high blood pressure?
Answer. Celery stalk can be used to help lower blood pressure by balancing the Vata and Kapha doshas.
Question. Is Celery good for kidneys?
Answer. Celery has a high salt and potassium content, which helps to regulate body fluids, enhance urine flow, and eliminate toxins from the body. This helps to prevent kidney stones and keeps the kidneys healthy.
Celery has the ability to remove excess water weight caused by Kapha imbalances, as well as promote urine flow and improve kidney function.
Question. Can Celery kill cancer?
Answer. Celery does not cure cancer, but it does lessen the risk of it. Luteolin, found in celery, has anti-proliferative properties and inhibits cancer cell multiplication. Celery also includes apigenin, a chemical with anti-cancer capabilities that causes cancer cells to die.
Question. Is Celery beneficial for men?
Answer. Celery is thought to be good for males since it can help with male fertility and reduce the chance of impotence. Celery contains androstenone and androstenol, which may help men have more sexual desire.
Celery possesses the Vrishya (aphrodisiac) quality, suggesting that it may be useful in the treatment of male sexual issues. 1. After eating, take 1/2 teaspoon celery (Ajmoda) powder with water. 2. For best effects, repeat twice a day for at least three months.
Question. Can celery juice help heal acne?
Answer. Although there isn’t enough scientific evidence to support the use of celery juice to treat acne, it may help with specific skin conditions.
Question. How good is celery in a daily meal?
Answer. Celery is high in vitamins that boost immunity and prepare the body to combat diseases. Celery leaves can be eaten on a regular basis and are used to spice up cuisine and drinks.
Question. Is Celery good for liver detoxification?
Answer. Celery is excellent for the liver since it contains hepatoprotective properties. Celery seeds are high in antioxidants (such as flavonoids), which fight free radicals and protect liver cells from harm.
Question. What are the benefits of celery seed tea?
Answer. Celery seeds are high in a number of nutrients. Celery seed tea also contains omega fatty acids and polyunsaturated fats, both of which aid in cholesterol reduction. It helps you relax and sleep better.
Question. How does Celery help lowers inflammation?
Answer. Celery’s anti-inflammatory properties aid to reduce inflammation, as well as discomfort and swelling in the irritated area.
Question. What are the benefits of Celery for gout?
Answer. Celery is good for gout because it has anti-inflammatory properties that help to relieve the pain and inflammation that gout causes. It also possesses nerve stimulating effects, which help to enhance blood flow to the joints and muscles.
Celery is a versatile vegetable that symbolises “fast action.” Celery’s high water content helps to keep the body hydrated while also removing toxins.