|Manufacturer||Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd|
|Composition||Sodium Fusidate (topical) (2% w/w)|
How to use Fucidin Ointment
This medication is for external use only. Use it in the dosage as well as period as encouraged by your physician. Inspect the label for directions prior to usage. Clean and dry the affected area and gently massage the ointment. Wash your hands after applying, unless hands are the affected area.
How Fucidin Ointment works in the body
According to scientific research, this medicine works in the body per below(ME/1)
This medication is an antibiotic. It antagonizes germs that create skin infections by stopping the synthesis of crucial healthy proteins needed for survival of germs. Hence, it stops the skin infection from dispersing.
What are the Side effects of Fucidin Ointment
Scientific studies indicate, below mentioned side effects may occur while taking this medicine such as(ME/2)
- Application site reactions (burning, irritation, itching and redness)
Precautions to be taken while taking Fucidin Ointment
As per several scientific studies, some precautions need to be taken while taking this medicine such as(ME/3)
- Do not make use of salt fusidate as well as consult your medical professional if you are sensitive (oversensitive) to fusidic acid, salt fusidate or any type of various other active ingredient in the medication.
- Avoid utilizing salt fusidate if you are expecting, preparing to conceive, or breastfeeding.
- Take unique safety measure if you are mosting likely to use this medication near your eyes or the eyes of a youngster.
Safety instructions before taking Fucidin Ointment
- Alcohol : Limited information available : Interaction with alcohol is unknown.
- Pregnancy : Most likely secure: This medication is most likely safe to utilize while pregnant. Pet researches have revealed reduced or no negative effect on the fetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please seek advice from medical professional prior to eating this medication.
- Lactation : Safe: This medication is secure to utilize throughout lactation. Human studies have shown that either the drug does not enter the breastmilk in substantial amount or is not anticipated to trigger poisoning to the baby.
- Kidney : Minimal information readily available: There is restricted information readily available on making use of this medicine in clients with kidney illness.
- Liver : Restricted details readily available: There is limited info readily available on making use of this medication in individuals with liver illness.
- Driving : Restricted information offered: It is not known whether this medicine modifies the capacity to drive.
Frequently asked questions
Q: How long should I use Fucidin for?
Q: How long does Fucidin takes to work?
A: Usually, Fucidin takes about couple of days to work. It’s important to finish the full course of trconsumement to obtain rid of your skin infection. Inform your doctor if your infection did not obtain cured even after completing the full course of trconsumement.
Q: Can Fucidin be used on an open wound?
A: Fucidin can be used on open wound. It is aidful in the trconsumement of wound infection.
Q: How commonly should I apply Fucidin?
A: Fucidin should be used as recommended by your doctor. It is recommended to apply Fucidin for three to four times daily on the contaminated area.