Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris) is a popular Ayurvedic plant for its immune-boosting, aphrodisiac, and rejuvenating effects.(HR/1)
Because the fruits of this plant resemble cow hooves, its name is derived from two sanskrit words: ‘Go’ meaning cow and ‘Aakshura’ meaning hoof. When Gokhshura is combined with Ashwagandha, it helps to increase stamina, which is excellent for bodybuilding and enhancing athletic performance.As a natural aphrodisiac, it is also widely used to treat sexual diseases such as erectile dysfunction. Gokshura is said to balance the tridosha in Ayurveda. Because of its Mutral (diuretic) properties, it is also used to treat urinary problems. If you are using blood pressure medications, you should see your doctor before taking Gokshura.
Gokshura is also known as :- Tribulus terrestris, Goksuraka, Trikanata, Small Caltrop, Devil’s thorn, Goat head, Puncture vine, Gokhru, Gokhuri, Gokshra, Sharatte, Palleruveru, Nerinjil, Betagokharu, Bhakhra, Gokharu, Neggilu, Gokhri, Michirkand, Khar-e-Khasak Khurd
Gokshura is obtained from :- Plant
Uses and benefits of Gokshura:-
As per several scientific studies, uses and benefits of Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris) are mentioned as per below(HR/2)
- Athletic performance : There isn’t enough scientific data to back up Gokshura’s significance in sports performance.
Due to its Guru (heavy) and Vrushya (aphrodisiac) characteristics, Gokshura improves athletic performance by increasing energy and vitality. Tips: 1. Take a quarter to half teaspoon of Gokshura powder. 2. Combine with milk and drink twice day after meals.
- Erectile dysfunction : Saponins found in Gokshura aid in the treatment of erectile dysfunction by strengthening the penile tissue and improving penile erection. Gokshura extract caused a considerable increase in ICP, or intracavernous pressure, in one of the experiments (a physiological marker of erectile function).
Due to its Guru (heavy) and Vrishya (aphrodisiac) characteristics, Gokshura helps to raise energy, vitality, and also strengthens the penile tissue, which improves penile erection. This helps to alleviate the symptoms of erectile dysfunction when used together.
- Infertility : Gokshura is a powerful aphrodisiac that has been shown to improve men’s sexual drive. The active phytochemicals in Gokshura boost testosterone levels while also improving sperm quality and quantity. This could aid in the treatment of male infertility. 1. Bring 250 mL milk to a boil with 20 gm Gokshura flowers. 2. Strain the mixture and drink it in the morning and evening.
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia : According to studies, Gokshura may be beneficial in the treatment of prostate gland problems such as benign prostatic hyperplasia. It also enhances urine flow and aids in the nearly complete emptying of the bladder, resulting in less pee retention. This could help to alleviate the signs and symptoms of prostate enlargement. 1. Take two teaspoons of the fruit and coarsely crush it. 2. In two cups of water, bring it to a boil until about half of the water is gone. 3. Take a cup of this mixture and drink it. 4. For a more flavorful drink, combine it with sugar and milk.
Because of its Mutral (diuretic) and Sita (cool) qualities, Gokshura can help with benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) or an enlarged prostate gland. This aids in the augmentation of urine output as well as the reduction of puffiness and burning during urination.
- Increasing sexual desire : Gokshura is thought to boost libido in women with low sex drive. It also aids in the enhancement of energy and vigour.
Due to its Vrishya (aphrodisiac) virtue, Gokshura improves libido and vigour in both men and women.
- Angina (heart-related chest pain) : Gokshura includes tribulosin, a saponin that aids in the maintenance of a healthy heart. Tribulosin aids in the expansion of narrowed arteries, which improves blood flow to the heart. This could help reduce the risk of coronary heart disease and the pain and discomfort that comes with it.
- Cancer : Gokshura may be effective in the treatment of cancer since it triggers apoptosis while causing no harm to non-cancerous cells. It also has anti-proliferative properties, which may help cancer cells grow slower.
- Flatulence (gas formation) : There isn’t enough scientific data to back up Gokshura’s role in flatulence.
Due to its Deepan (appetiser) function, which helps to digest food efficiently and prevents gas development in the intestine, Gokshura aids digestion and relieves intestinal gas.
- Eczema : There isn’t enough scientific data to back up Gokshura’s role in eczema.
Due to its Ropan (healing) property, Gokshura provides relief from skin disorders such as eczema, skin irritations, itching, and eruptions.
Precautions to be taken while using Gokshura:-
As per several scientific studies, below precautions should to be taken while taking Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris)(HR/3)
- Gokshura has a diuretic effect (increase urine flow). So it is advisable to use Gokshura with caution along with other drugs having a diuretic effect.
Special precautions to be taken while taking Gokshura:-
As per several scientific studies, below special precautions should to be taken while taking Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris)(HR/4)
- Breastfeeding : Because there isn’t enough research on Gokshura’s safety during nursing, it’s best to avoid it.
- Patients with diabetes : Gokshura has the potential to reduce blood sugar levels. As a result, if you’re using Gokshura alongside anti-diabetic medication, you should keep an eye on your blood sugar levels.
- Pregnancy : Gokshura should be avoided during pregnancy because it can cause abortion. According to animal studies, Gokshura may impact the foetal brain’s functional development.
- Allergy : To test for an allergic reaction, apply Gokshura to a tiny area first. People who are allergic to Gokshura or its components should only use it under the guidance of a doctor.
How to take Gokshura:-
As per several scientific studies, Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris) can be taken into the methods mentioned as per below(HR/5)
- Gokshura Churna : Take one fourth to half teaspoon of Gokshura Churna. Mix it with honey or take it with milk, two times a day after meals.
- Gokshura Tablet : Take one to two Gokshura Tablet. Swallow it with water, after dishes twice a day.
- Gokshura Capsule : Take one to two Gokshura CapsuleSwallow it with water, after dishes twice a day.
- Gokshura Kwath : Take 4 to 6 teaspoon of Gokshura Kwath. Mix it with honey or water as well as take after meals two times a day.
- Gokshura with Rose Water : Take one fourth to half teaspoon of Gokshura paste or powder. Mix it increased water and use uniformly on the face as well as neck. Let it sit for five to seven minutes. Wash with tap waterUse this treatment two to three times a week to remove skin ageing as well as dullness.
How much Gokshura should be taken:-
As per several scientific studies, Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris) should be taken into the amounts mentioned as per below(HR/6)
- Gokshura Churna : One fourth to half teaspoon, twice a day.
- Gokshura Tablet : One to two tablet, twice a day.
- Gokshura Capsule : One to two capsule, twice a day.
- Gokshura Powder : Half to one teaspoon or as per your requirement.
Side effects of Gokshura:-
As per several scientific studies, below side effects need to be taken into consideration while taking Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris)(HR/7)
- Stomach pain
- Difficulty in sleeping
Questions asked frequently Related to the Gokshura:-
Question. What is Himalayan Gokshura?
Answer. The Himalaya Drug Company’s Himalayan Gokshura is an excellent herbal treatment. It is considered to be useful for male sexual issues since it contains Gokshura extract.
Question. Where can I buy Gokshura?
Answer. Gokshura is widely available at Ayurvedic stores and on the internet.
Question. Does Gokshura help in bodybuilding?
Answer. Because of its biologically active chemical constituents such as alkaloids (saponins) and glycosides, Gokshura supplementation can raise testosterone as well as muscle power, according to one study.
Due to its Guru (heavy) and Vrishya (aphrodisiac) characteristics, Gokshura is a popular supplement for bodybuilding. It helps to increase your energy level and vitality.
Question. Is Gokshura good for diabetes?
Answer. Gokshura contains saponin, which has blood sugar reducing effects. Because of its antioxidant properties, it aids in the reduction of serum glucose, serum triglyceride, and serum cholesterol levels.
Gokshura’s Mutral (diuretic) qualities aid to manage blood sugar levels by eliminating toxins from the body. It also aids metabolism by eliminating Ama (toxic leftovers in the body as a result of faulty digestion), which is responsible for excessive blood sugar levels.
Question. Is Gokshura good for reducing the level of uric acid?
Answer. Antilithic activity is claimed to be high at Gokshura. It not only lowers uric acid levels, but it also lowers the risk of hyperoxaluria (excessive oxalate excretion in the urine), which can lead to kidney stones. The antilithic activity of Gokshura is linked to the presence of powerful protein biomolecules.
The Mutral (diuretic) property of Gokshura helps to lower uric acid levels by increasing urine flow and helping to eliminate toxins from the body. It also helps metabolism by eliminating Ama (toxic leftovers in the body owing to incorrect digestion) and inhibiting excess uric acid formation.
Question. Can Gokshura treat kidney stones?
Answer. Because it contains potassium and nitrates, gokshura may help with kidney stones by causing diuresis (the expulsion of excess salt and water). It also aids in the dissolution of pre-formed kidney stones and promotes urea and uric acid excretion.
Gokshura’s Mutral (diuretic) property improves urine flow and helps eliminate toxins from the urinary system and kidneys, lowering the danger of kidney stones. It also aids in the improvement of metabolism and inhibits the production of kidney stones due to its Ama (toxic leftovers in the body due to incorrect digestion) eliminating nature.
Question. Does Gokshura help maintain blood pressure?
Answer. Gokshura contains diuretic properties, which means it helps the body rid itself of excess salts and water, lowering blood pressure. Patients with mild to severe hypertension who are experiencing fluid retention can benefit from Gokshura. According to a recent study, Gokshura reduces systolic, diastolic, and mean arterial pressure while also improving heart rate.
Gokshura’s Mutral (diuretic) property helps to manage blood pressure by increasing urine output and helping to eliminate toxins and excess fluid from the body that cause high blood pressure.
Question. Does Gokshura help in fat burning?
Answer. No, there isn’t enough scientific data to back Gokshura’s fat-burning abilities. Gokshura, on the other hand, possesses antioxidant properties that may help to strengthen the metabolism and, as a result, aid in fat burning and weight loss.
Question. Is Gokshura useful for polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)?
Answer. Yes, Gokshura is thought to help with polycystic ovarian syndrome. Enlarged ovaries, extra male hormone, and the absence of ovulation are some of the signs of PCOS. Certain minerals in gokshura may aid in the management of ovarian health and may increase the levels of hormones important for ovulation and fertility.
Question. Does Gokshura help prevent vaginal discharge?
Answer. There is insufficient scientific evidence to suggest Gokshura’s role in vaginal discharge. However, Gokshura has chemical components that may assist to relieve vaginal discharge caused by bacterial or yeast infections, hormonal imbalances, inflammation, or urinary tract infections (UTI).
Vaginal discharge occurs when the vaginal area becomes inflamed as a result of bacterial or viral infections. This occurs as a result of an inflamed Pitta, which causes pain and discomfort. Due to its Mutral (diuretic) and Sita (cool) qualities, Gokshura aids in the management of vaginal discharge. It aids in the removal of pollutants by causing frequent urine.
Because the fruits of this plant resemble cow hooves, its name is derived from two sanskrit words: ‘Go’ meaning cow and ‘Aakshura’ meaning hoof. When Gokhshura is combined with Ashwagandha, it helps to increase stamina, which is excellent for bodybuilding and enhancing athletic performance.