Himalayan Salt (Mineral Halite)
In Ayurveda, Himalayan salt, commonly known as Pink salt, is the most outstanding salt.(HR/1)
Because of the high presence of iron and other minerals in the salt, its hue varies from white to pink or dark red. Calcium, chloride, sodium, and zinc are among the 84 minerals believed to be present. It keeps the body hydrated, maintains electrolyte balance, and soothes muscle cramps. Because of its calcium and magnesium concentration, Himalayan salt is good for bone growth and strengthening. Massage your face with Himalayan salt to eliminate dead skin and cleanse your complexion.It can also be massaged into joints using a carrier oil to relieve stiffness. Because of its electrolyte balancing properties, soaking your feet in warm water with Himalayan salt can help you get rid of edoema. Excessive Himalayan salt use is not recommended because it can create problems such as high blood pressure and edoema.
Himalayan Salt is also known as :- Mineral Halite, Pink Himalayan Salt, Sendha Namak, Sindhav Salt, Himalayan Rock Salt
Himalayan Salt is obtained from :- Metal & Mineral
Uses and benefits of Himalayan Salt:-
As per several scientific studies, uses and benefits of Himalayan Salt (Mineral Halite) are mentioned as per below(HR/2)
- Loss of Appetite : Due to its Deepan (appetiser) virtue, Himalayan salt lowers appetite loss by enhancing digestion. It also aids in the promotion of Pachan Agni (digestive fire). Take dried Ginger slices with Himalayan salt twice a day before meals.
- Indigestion and Gas : Himalayan salt (Sendha namak) is used in several Ayurvedic digestive formulas because it relieves indigestion and regulates gas. Its Deepan (appetiser) and Pachan (digestive) qualities account for this. Tip: Taste Himalayan salt before adding it to your normal diet.
- Obesity : Himalayan salt aids in the management of obesity by burning fat and increasing metabolism. Its Deepan (appetiser) and Pachan (digestive) qualities account for this. Tip: Taste Himalayan salt before adding it to your normal diet.
- Throat infection : Due to its Kapha and Pitta balancing characteristics, Himalayan salt (Sendha namak) relieves sore throats, soothes the throat in dry coughs, and lowers inflammation and swelling of the throat. a. Take 1-2 teaspoons of Himalayan salt. c. Combine it with a small amount of warm water. c. Use this water to gargle once or twice a day.
- Dry skin : Due to its Laghu (light) and Snigdha (oily) properties, Himalayan salt is beneficial for washing the face and controlling clogged pores, as well as giving a radiant complexion. Tips: a. Use simple water to wash your face and do not dry it. b. Gently massage the face with a small amount of salt in your hand. b. Rinse in cold water and pat dry.
- Dead skin : Himalayan salt can also be used as a body cleanser. Because of its Laghu (light) and Snigdha (oily) properties, it aids in the removal of dead skin and the control of dull, rough, and ageing skin. a. Dampen your skin and hold a pinch of Himalayan salt in your hand. b. Massage the skin gently. c. Rinse and pat dry the skin.
- Asthma : Due to its Kapha balancing properties, Himalayan salt (Sendha namak) aids in the dissolution of sputum. Tips: a. Massage the back and chest with Himalayan salt combined with mustard oil before bed if you have asthma or difficulties breathing. b. Himalayan salt can also be gargled twice a day to relieve throat infections and the common cold.
- Joint stiffness : Himalayan salt is also commonly used in Ayurvedic oil preparations because it aids in the balance of Vata dosha and relieves joint pain and stiffness. Take Himalayan salt-based Ayurvedic oil as a first step. b. Gently massage the affected area. c. Do this at least twice a day.
- Edema : Because of its Pitta and Kapha balancing characteristics, Himalayan salt can aid with edoema in the foot. a. Soak your feet in a bucket of warm water with some salt added to it. b. 10-15 minutes of Himalayan salt b. Do this at least once a day.
- Hair loss : Due to its Snigdha (oily) and Vata balancing characteristics, Himalayan salt helps prevent hair fall by eliminating debris and dryness. a. Mix Himalayan salt with your shampoo and use it to wash your hair. b. Use it twice a week and rinse it with cold water.
Precautions to be taken while using Himalayan Salt:-
As per several scientific studies, below precautions should to be taken while taking Himalayan Salt (Mineral Halite)(HR/3)
- Do not take Himalayan salt for a long duration if you have any kind of systematic swelling in the body.
Special precautions to be taken while taking Himalayan Salt:-
As per several scientific studies, below special precautions should to be taken while taking Himalayan Salt (Mineral Halite)(HR/4)
- Allergy : If you are allergic to Himalayan salt or any of its elements, use it under the guidance of a doctor.
To screen for probable allergic responses, apply Himalayan salt to a tiny area first. People who are allergic to Himalayan salt or its components should only use it under the guidance of a specialist.
- Patients with heart disease : If you have high blood pressure, take Himalayan salt in tiny doses. If you’re taking salt for a long time, leave a gap between your medications and the salt.
How to take Himalayan Salt:-
As per several scientific studies, Himalayan Salt (Mineral Halite) can be taken into the methods mentioned as per below(HR/5)
- Himalayan Salt in cooking : Utilize it as table salt for cooking in everyday life.
- Himalayan Salt with Ginger : Take dried out Ginger pieces with Himalayan Salt (Sendha namak) before meals two times a day. It can additionally be utilized to regulate hypertension as well as manage gastrointestinal troubles.
- Himalayan Salt in bathing water : Include half to one teaspoon of Himalayan salt in a bucket packed with water. Take bathroom with this water to alleviate the symptoms of dermatitis as well as sensitive conditions of the skin.
- Himalayan Salt for fomentation : Include half to one teaspoon of this salt in hot water. Use this water for fomentation (cozy compress) to take care of swelling and also discomfort on the influenced area. For better results utilize this solution twice a day.
- Himalayan salt tooth powder : Take half to one teaspoon of Himalayan salt. Add one teaspoon of Triphala powder. Also add half teaspoon of Mustard oil and blend all the active ingredients well. Use one to two pinch of the combination each time and massage over teeth and also gums. Rinse with water. This solution is useful to handle swollen as well as agonizing periodontals.
How much Himalayan Salt should be taken:-
As per several scientific studies, Himalayan Salt (Mineral Halite) should be taken into the amounts mentioned as per below(HR/6)
- Himalayan Salt Powder : One fourth to half teaspoon; not exceeding one teaspoon, or, Half to one teaspoon or as per your requirement.
Side effects of Himalayan Salt:-
As per several scientific studies, below side effects need to be taken into consideration while taking Himalayan Salt (Mineral Halite)(HR/7)
- There is not enough scientific data available about side effects of this herb yet.
Questions asked frequently Related to the Himalayan Salt:-
Question. What is Himalayan salt drink?
Answer. Himalayan salt drink is just salt water infused with Himalayan salt. You can either mix a pinch of salt into a glass of water and drink it, or you can prepare a stock and utilise it on a regular basis. To make stock, combine: a. Fill a 1 litre plastic bottle halfway with water and 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt. c. Set it aside for the night. c. Mix 1 teaspoon of this solution with 1 cup of water in a glass and drink once a day.
Question. Where to buy Himalayan salt?
Answer. Himalayan salt is available at your local grocery store or online.
Question. What is a Himalayan salt lamp?
Answer. Salt lamps fashioned from solid chunks of Himalayan salt are ornamental lights. A salt block is carved to hold a light bulb that produces heat and light in the same way that a bed lamp does. These lamps are said to purify the air in a space and provide a variety of health benefits.
Question. What are the benefits of Himalayan salt lamp?
Answer. The Himalayan salt lamp promotes relaxation, meditation, and body energization. Stress alleviation, repeated migraines, weariness, insomnia, and anxiousness are all prevalent health benefits of this lamp. It also helps you concentrate.
Question. Is Himalayan Pink Salt good for blood pressure?
Answer. Because of its high potassium and magnesium levels, Himalayan Salt may be an excellent alternative to table salt. However, it contains a lot of salt, which is bad for people who have high blood pressure. If you have high blood pressure, it is therefore recommended that you use Himalayan salt in conjunction with medical advice.
Due to its ability to balance the Vata dosha, Himalayan Pink Salt aids in blood pressure regulation. For patients with hypertension, it is a preferable option to regular salt. Each day, 1.5-2.3 grammes of Himalayan salt or Sendha namak can be consumed.
Question. Can Himalayan Pink Salt help in weight loss?
Answer. There is no direct evidence that Himalayan salt helps people lose weight. According to a study, Himalayan salt water, combined with other dietary adjustments, helped people lose weight. However, the impact of Himalayan salt alone on weight loss has yet to be established.
Question. What are the side effects of Himalayan salt?
Answer. Himalayan salt, like table salt, can cause hypertension and heart issues if used in excess. Excess salt consumption raises the risk of stroke and kidney disease.
Question. Can I take Himalayan salt with prescription and non-prescription medicines?
Answer. Although no research has been done on the interaction of Himalayan salt with medicines, it is recommended that you see your doctor to avoid issues. People who use diuretics, on the other hand, must be cautious since an excess of sodium in the body can prevent sodium from being removed.
Yes, with a 15-30 minute pause, you can consume Himalayan salt (Sendha namak) with prescription and non-prescription drugs.
Question. Is Himalayan salt toxic?
Answer. There are no scientific studies that claim Himalayan salt is hazardous. Because of its origin, it is thought to be the purest kind of salt. It’s also a superior option to table salt because of its high potassium and magnesium levels.
Question. Does Himalayan salt help regulate hormone imbalance?
Answer. Although there is insufficient scientific data to support the role of Himalayan salt in managing hormonal imbalance, it does have the potential to do so.
Hormonal imbalance is caused by any of the three doshas being out of balance. Because of its Vata, Pitta, and Kapha balancing characteristics, Himalayan salt may assist to correct your hormonal imbalance.
Question. Does Himalayan salt help prevent muscle cramps?
Answer. Yes, Himalayan salt prevents muscular cramps since magnesium insufficiency is a common cause of muscle cramps. Magnesium is abundant in Himalayan salt, which aids in the treatment of muscle cramps. Muscle cramps can be relieved quickly by drinking water combined with a teaspoon of Himalayan salt.
Muscle cramps are usually caused by a Vata dosha imbalance. Because of its Vata-balancing properties, Himalayan salt may be able to help you avoid this ailment.
Question. Does Himalayan salt help promote bone strength?
Answer. Yes, because it includes numerous trace minerals such as calcium and magnesium, Himalayan salt aids with bone strength. Calcium and magnesium are essential for bone growth and strengthening of the bones and connective tissues.
Question. Does Himalayan salt play a role in supporting libido?
Answer. Although there isn’t enough scientific evidence to explain the effect of Himalayan salt in libido support, its high mineral content increases circulation and may help with libido.
Because of its Vrishya (aphrodisiac) properties, Himalayan salt can help to support libido.
Question. Does Himalayan salt helps prevent acid reflux?
Answer. Yes, Himalayan salt can help you avoid acid reflux by balancing and maintaining your body’s pH. It also has a lot of iron, which helps with heartburn, bloating, and gas.
Yes, Himalayan salt may aid in the prevention of acid reflux, which is caused by poor digestion. This is related to the qualities of Deepan (appetiser), Pachan (digestion), and Sita (cool). It aids in digestion and provides a cooling effect, so lowering acid reflux.
Question. Is Himalayan Pink salt good for the skin?
Answer. Yes, Himalayan salt inhibits bacterial growth, which helps to reduce the incidence of bacterial skin infections. It also aids in the management of skin conditions such as dermatitis. When administered as saltwater, it lowers the swelling associated with dermatitis.
Question. Is Himalayan salt bath good for health?
Answer. Taking a salt water bath is thought to help remove dead skin and toxins from the body’s surface. Swelling and soreness in the body can also be reduced with a salt water bath. Its antimicrobial properties also aid in infection prevention. However, because there is insufficient scientific evidence, the health advantages of Himalayan salt water baths must be assessed.
Question. Can Himalayan salt be used if it turns sticky?
Answer. As long as the Himalayan salt is intact, it can be used. Because salt is hygroscopic (absorbs water from the air), it must be kept cool and dry, ideally in an airtight container, to keep its benefits. If it becomes sticky, don’t use it because it won’t perform its purpose.
Question. Does Himalayan salt help in regulating mood and sleep?
Answer. Yes, Himalayan salt aids in mood and sleep regulation by controlling the sleep cycle and maintaining the level of the sleep hormone (melatonin) in the body. It boosts mood by assisting in the relaxation of the body and mind. Stress and anxiety can be relieved by taking a relaxing bath with a tablespoon of Himalayan salt mixed in with the water.
An uneven Vata dosha affects mood swings and sleep, among other things. Due to its Vata balancing properties, Himalayan salt may assist you in achieving a calm mood in certain circumstances.
Because of the high presence of iron and other minerals in the salt, its hue varies from white to pink or dark red. Calcium, chloride, sodium, and zinc are among the 84 minerals believed to be present.