Carrot (Solanum xanthocarpum)
Indian nightshade or “Yellow-berried nightshade” are other names for Kantakari.(HR/1)
It is a major medicinal herb and a member of the Ayurvedic Dashmul (ten roots) family. The flavour of the herb is strong and harsh. Kantakari’s expectorant properties make it useful for treating respiratory issues including cough and asthma. It aids in the removal of mucus from the respiratory tract and the prevention of asthma attacks. Kantakari powder, taken with water or honey, improves digestion by improving Agni (digestive fire) due to its Deepan (appetiser) and Pachan (digestive) characteristics, according to Ayurveda. Due to its vata balancing properties, applying a paste of Kantakari powder with water to joints helps to decrease joint discomfort.Hair fall can be prevented and hair growth can be promoted by massaging your scalp with Kantakari juice combined with equal amounts of water.
Kantakari is also known as :- Solanum xanthocarpum, Vyaghri, Nidigdhika, Ksudra, Kantakarika, Dhavani, Nidigdha, Katvaedana, Kantakar, Febrifuge plant, Bharingani, Katai, Katali, Ringani, Bhatakataiya, Chhotikateri, Nelagulla, Kiragulla, Kantakari chunda, Bhauringani, Kataringani, Bhejibaugana, Ankarati, Chakada Bhoji, Kandiari, Kandangatri, Kandankatri, Kandanghathiri, Nelamulaka, Pinnamulaka, Mulaka, Chinnamulaka, Vakudu
Kantakari is obtained from :- Plant
Uses and benefits of Kantakari:-
As per several scientific studies, uses and benefits of Kantakari (Solanum xanthocarpum) are mentioned as per below(HR/2)
- Cough and Cold : The accumulation of mucus in the respiratory system causes cough, which is also known as Kapha condition. Kantakari helps to remove mucus deposited in the lungs by balancing Kapha in the body. Tips: a. Measure out 14 to 12 teaspoons of Kantakari powder. c. Combine with honey or water. c. Take it once or twice a day, after light meals. d. Keep doing this until you no longer have symptoms of a cough or cold.
- Asthma : Kantakari aids in the management of asthma symptoms and provides relief from shortness of breath. The main doshas associated in asthma, according to Ayurveda, are Vata and Kapha. In the lungs, vitiated ‘Vata’ joins with disturbed ‘Kapha dosha,’ obstructing the respiratory path. Breathing becomes difficult as a result of this. Swas Roga is the name for this disorder (asthma). Kantakari aids in the balance of Vata and Kapha, as well as the removal of excess mucus from the lungs. Asthma symptoms are relieved as a result of this. a. Take 14 to 12 teaspoon Kantakari powder. c. Combine with honey or water. c. Take it once or twice a day after a light meal to help reduce asthma symptoms.
- Indigestion : Kantakari aids in the treatment of dyspepsia. Indigestion, according to Ayurveda, is the result of an inadequate digestion process. Indigestion is caused by exacerbated Kapha, which leads to Agnimandya (weak digestive fire). Kantakari powder improves Agni (digestive fire) and makes food easier to digest. Because of its Deepan (appetiser) and Pachan (digestive) characteristics, this is the case. a. Take 14 to 12 teaspoon Kantakari powder. c. Combine with honey or water. c. Take it once or twice a day after a small meal to help with digestive issues.
- Osteoarthritis : When administered to the problematic area, Kantakari helps to relieve bone and joint pain. The bones and joints, according to Ayurveda, are the seat of Vata in the body. Vata imbalance is the primary cause of joint pain. By balancing Vata, a paste of Kantakari powder can assist to relieve joint pain. Its Ushna (hot) potency is the reason for this. a. Measure 12 to 1 teaspoon of Kantakari powder. c. Mix water into a paste. c. Apply to the affected area evenly. c. After 1-2 hours, wash it with plain water. d. Continue until you no longer have joint pain.
- Hair loss : When the juice of Kantakari is applied to the scalp, it helps to reduce hair loss and encourage hair growth. This is owing to the fact that hair loss is mostly caused by an irritated Vata dosha in the body. The scalp becomes dry as a result of this. By balancing Vata dosha and reducing excessive dryness, Kantakari juice helps to prevent hair loss. This, when combined, aids in the prevention of hair loss. a. Take 4-6 teaspoons of Kantakari juice or as directed by your physician. c. Combine with an equal amount of water in a mixing bowl. c. Distribute evenly throughout the hair and scalp. d. Set aside for a couple of hours. e. Shampoo and rinse thoroughly. f. Use this medication once or twice a week to prevent hair loss.
Precautions to be taken while using Kantakari:-
As per several scientific studies, below precautions should to be taken while taking Kantakari (Solanum xanthocarpum)(HR/3)
Special precautions to be taken while taking Kantakari:-
As per several scientific studies, below special precautions should to be taken while taking Kantakari (Solanum xanthocarpum)(HR/4)
- Breastfeeding : Because there isn’t enough scientific data, it’s best to avoid Kantakari during breastfeeding or visit your doctor beforehand.
- Patients with diabetes : Because there isn’t enough scientific data, diabetic patients should avoid Kantakari or visit their doctor before taking it.
- Patients with heart disease : Because there isn’t enough scientific data, it’s best to avoid Kantakari or check your doctor before taking it if you have a cardiac condition.
- Pregnancy : Because there isn’t enough scientific data, it’s best to avoid Kantakari during pregnancy or visit your doctor beforehand.
How to take Kantakari:-
As per several scientific studies, Kantakari (Solanum xanthocarpum) can be taken into the methods mentioned as per below(HR/5)
- Kantakari Powder : Take one fourth to half teaspoon of Kantakari powder. Mix with water or honey. Swallow it once or twice a day after taking light food, or, Take half to one teaspoon of Kantakari powder. Make a paste with water. Apply evenly on the influenced area. Leave it for one to two hours as well as wash with water. Repeat this to get relief from joint discomfort.
- Kantakari Tablets : Take one to two tablets of Kantakari. Swallow it with warm water one or two times a day after taking light food.
- Kantakari Juice : Take four to five teaspoons of Kantakari juice. Add honey or water to it and also consume one or two times a day prior to taking food, or, Take 4 to 6 teaspoons of Kantakari juice or as per your requirement. Mix it with an equivalent quantity of water. Apply equally to the hair as well as scalp. Let it sit for two to three hours. Wash with hair shampoo and also rinse wellUse this solution one to two times a week to control hair fall.
How much Kantakari should be taken:-
As per several scientific studies, Kantakari (Solanum xanthocarpum) should be taken into the amounts mentioned as per below(HR/6)
- Kantakari Powder : One fourth to half teaspoon once or twice a day, or, Half to one teaspoon or as per your requirement.
- Kantakari Juice : Four to five teaspoons once or twice a day, or, Four to six teaspoons or as per your requirement.
- Kantakari Tablet : One to two tablet once or twice a day.
Side effects of Kantakari:-
As per several scientific studies, below side effects need to be taken into consideration while taking Kantakari (Solanum xanthocarpum)(HR/7)
- There is not enough scientific data available about side effects of this herb yet.
Questions asked frequently Related to the Kantakari:-
Question. Can I take Kantakari on an empty stomach?
Answer. Kantakari should not be taken on an empty stomach. It’s best to take it after a meal because it helps the herb absorb easier.
Question. How to store Kantakari?
Answer. Kantakari should be kept in a properly sealed container that is kept cool and dry.
Question. Can Kantakari be used in case of liver injury?
Answer. Because of its liver-protecting properties, Kantakari has been demonstrated to be effective for liver injury. The antioxidants in Kantakari assist prevent liver cell damage by fighting specific molecules (free radicals).
Question. Does Kantakari help in the management of cough in children?
Answer. Although there isn’t enough scientific data, Kantakari powder may aid in the treatment of cough in youngsters. It works as an expectorant, allowing mucus to be expelled from the airways and coughing to be relieved.
Question. How does Kantakari help in Asthma?
Answer. Kantakari’s cough-relieving and anti-inflammatory effects make it beneficial for asthma sufferers. It reduces inflammation and mucus formation in the airways, which is thought to be beneficial in asthma. Kantakari also possesses anti-allergic qualities, which means it helps to prevent allergic asthmatic reactions.
Question. Can Kantakari be used in case of high blood sugar levels?
Answer. Yes, Kantakari’s blood glucose-reducing qualities have been discovered to be beneficial in lowering blood sugar levels. It may also enhance insulin release from the pancreas, albeit there isn’t enough scientific evidence to back this up.
Question. Is Kantakari useful for relieving discomfort during urination?
Answer. Yes, Kantakari’s diuretic properties help to relieve discomfort during urinating. Taking Kantakari juice extract with honey may assist to relieve urinating pain.
Question. Is Kantakari helps in indigestion?
Answer. Kantakari’s anthelmintic and antibacterial characteristics aid in the treatment of dyspepsia. It stops bacteria from growing in the large intestine and relieves dyspepsia.
Question. Is Kantakari useful in relieving pains?
Answer. Yes, Kantakari can help with arthritis pain relief when taken orally or administered to the affected area. The bones and joints are considered a Vata location in the body, according to Ayurveda. Vata imbalance is the primary cause of joint pain. Kantakari’s Vata-balancing properties provide pain alleviation.
Question. Can Kantakari be used in toothache?
Answer. Kantakari has anti-inflammatory properties, therefore it can help with toothaches. It relieves the patient’s discomfort by lowering redness and inflammation in the gums.
Question. Does Kantakari helps reduce a fever?
Answer. Because of its antipyretic properties, Kantakari may be used to treat fever. It aids in the reduction of body temperature. It also contains antioxidant elements that protect the body from cell damage caused by free radicals.
Yes, Kantakari aids in the reduction of fever. Fever is a disorder caused by an imbalance of any of the three doshas, particularly Pitta, and it frequently leads to Mandagni (low digestive fire). Kantakari’s Pitta balancing, Jwarhar (anti-fever), and Ushna (hot) qualities aid in the management of this ailment. It also enhances Agni and decreases fever symptoms (digestive fire). Tips: 1. Measure 14 to 12 teaspoon Kantakari powder. 2. Combine it with honey or water. 3. Take it once or twice a day, after light meals.
Question. Does Kantakari provide relief from spasms ?
Answer. Kantakari can be used to help control blood pressure. Certain components in dry Kantakari fruits have blood pressure-lowering properties. These compounds also have antioxidant properties, which aid in the relaxation of constricted blood vessels and the maintenance of normal blood flow, hence lowering blood pressure.
Yes, Kantakari can help you control your blood pressure. It is a condition that arises when any of the three doshas, particularly Vata, is out of balance, resulting in the creation and buildup of toxins in the form of Ama (toxin that lingers in the body owing to incomplete digestion) in the blood vessels. This may restrict normal blood flow, resulting in elevated blood pressure. Kantakari’s Vata balancing and Mutral (diuretic) qualities aid in the management of this ailment. It helps to decrease blood pressure by increasing urine output and eliminating toxins from the body.
Question. What are the benefits of Kantakari fruit?
Answer. The Kantakari fruit offers a wide range of health and therapeutic properties. It’s high in antioxidants, which battle free radicals and protect cells from damage. The carminative properties of the Kantakari fruit aid in the reduction of gas and bloating. The juice of the kantakari fruit is used to treat rheumatism and sore throat. Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, a paste of Kantakari fruit can be applied to the skin to reduce swelling and pimples.
Kantakari fruit aids in the treatment of throat swelling, the prevention of worm infections, and the enhancement of appetite. An imbalance of any of the three doshas is the most common cause of these symptoms. Because of its Tridosha (Vata, Pitta, and Kapha) balancing, Ushna (hot), and Mutral (diuretic) qualities, Kantakari fruit can aid with all of these. Tips: 1. Pour 4-5 tablespoons of Kantakari juice into a glass. 2. Mix it with honey or water and drink it once or twice a day before eating.
Question. What are the uses of Kantakari powder?
Answer. Because of its expectorant properties, kantakari powder is used to treat respiratory diseases such bronchial asthma. It loosens the sputum and eliminates it from the airways, making breathing easier. It also aids in cough relief by reducing allergic reactions.
Asthma, dyspepsia, and arthritis can all benefit from kantakari powder. An imbalance of any of the three doshas causes these symptoms. Kantakari powder’s Tridosha (Vata, Pitta, and Kapha) balance and Ushna (hot) qualities aid in the management of all of these disorders. This aids in the reduction of symptoms, the stimulation of hunger, and the treatment of pain. Tips: 1. Measure 14 to 12 teaspoon Kantakari powder. 2. Combine with honey or water. 3. Take it once or twice a day, after light meals.
Question. Is Kantakari beneficial for pimples?
Answer. Yes, Kantakari fruit may help with acne. Because of its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, the paste of Kantakari fruit applied topically to the affected area may aid in the reduction of pimples.
Question. Is Kantakari beneficial for nasal disorders?
Answer. Kantakari powder, which has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory qualities, may be effective in nasal diseases when blended with oils, despite the lack of scientific data.
Question. How Kantakari is useful in dental infections?
Answer. Because of its anti-inflammatory characteristics, kantakari is thought to be beneficial in the treatment of tooth infections. To assist reduce inflammation and redness of the gums, the dried fruits of Kantakari can be rolled in a piece of paper and smoked for a short time.
Question. Is Kantakari beneficial for hemorrhoids?
Answer. Because of its anti-inflammatory characteristics, inhaling Kantakari vapours has been proven to be beneficial in the treatment of haemorrhoids and piles. Kantakari is high in zinc, which helps to reduce inflammation.
Question. Does Kantakari help relieve chest congestion?
Answer. Kantakari can help with chest congestion. It enhances airflow to the lungs by widening the respiratory airways. This improves chest congestion and provides relief from shortness of breath.
Question. Can you apply Kantakari juice directly on the scalp?
Answer. After diluting Kantakari juice with water, it is always recommended to use it. Because of its Ushna (hot) nature, this is the case. Dilution makes the juice more absorbable and improves the outcome.
It is a major medicinal herb and a member of the Ayurvedic Dashmul (ten roots) family. The flavour of the herb is strong and harsh.