Safed Musli (Chlorophytum borivilianum)
White musli, also known as Safed musli, is a widely growing white plant.(HR/1)
It’s also known as “”White gold”” or “”Divya aushad.” Safed musli is commonly used by both men and women to boost sexual performance and overall wellness. Safed musli can help with erectile dysfunction and stress-related sexual issues. Its spermatogenic, anti-stress, and antioxidant qualities also aid in improving the quality and quantity of sperm. Safed musli powder (or churna) can be consumed once or twice a day with lukewarm milk.”
Safed Musli is also known as :- Chlorophytum borivilianum, Land-Calotrops, Safed Moosli, Dholi Musli, Khiruva, Swetha Musli, Taniravi Thang, Shedheveli
Safed Musli is obtained from :- Plant
Uses and benefits of Safed Musli:-
As per several scientific studies, uses and benefits of Safed Musli (Chlorophytum borivilianum) are mentioned as per below(HR/2)
- Erectile dysfunction : Safed Musli has spermatogenic properties, which means it helps to improve sperm quality and count. It also raises testosterone levels, which improves blood flow to the genitals and allows for longer erections. As a result, it could help with male infertility and other sexual issues like erectile dysfunction.
Safed Musli has aphrodisiac properties and may help to prevent impotence and sexual difficulties. Due to its Guru and Sita virya properties, Safed Musli also enhances sperm quality and quantity. 1. Mix 1 glass of milk or 1 teaspoon honey with 1/2 teaspoon of Safed musli in the form of churna (powder). 2. Do this twice a day. 3. For best effects, do this for at least 1-2 months.
- Improving sexual performance : By raising desire, Safed Musli may aid improve sexual performance. It also aids in the increase of testosterone levels. According to a study, Safed musli can also be used to prevent premature ejaculation and boost sperm count. According to another study, it improves strength and stamina. As a result, Safed musli is utilised as an aphrodisiac and revitalizer.
Vajikarana (aphrodisiac) and Rasayana (rejuvenating) properties of Safed Musli make it effective in improving sexual performance. 1. Mix 1 glass of milk or 1 teaspoon honey with 1/2 teaspoon of Safed musli in the form of churna (powder). 2. Do this twice a day. 3. For best effects, do this for at least 1-2 months.
- Stress : Because of its anti-stress and adaptogenic properties, Safed Musli may aid in stress management. It also possesses antioxidant properties, which help to reduce free radicals in the body and lessen the risk of oxidative stress-related illnesses.
Stress can be caused by a Vata dosha imbalance in the body. Safed Musli has the ability to reduce stress by regulating the Vata dosha in the body. Tips: 1. After eating light food, take 1/2 teaspoon Safed musli in the form of churna (powder) or 1 capsule twice a day with 1 glass of milk. 2. For best effects, do this for at least 2-3 months.
- Oligospermia (low sperm count) : Because of its spermatogenic properties, Safed Musli is used as an aphrodisiac. Safed Musli has been shown to increase sperm count and hence reduce the incidence of oligospermia.
Vajikarana (aphrodisiac) and Rasayana (rejuvenating) agents in Safed musli aid to increase sperm count. 1. Take 1/2 teaspoon Safed musli in the form of churna (powder) once or twice a day with 1 glass of milk after eating. 2. For best effects, do this for at least 1-2 months.
- Increased breast milk production : Safed Musli is recognised to boost the quantity and flow of milk in breastfeeding moms, despite the lack of evidence.
- Muscle building : Although there isn’t enough data, a Safed Musli dietary supplement may aid muscle growth by increasing the level of growth hormone in exercise-trained persons.
- Arthritis : Safed Musli saponins have anti-inflammatory and anti-arthritic properties. Inflammatory mediators such as histamine and prostaglandins, which cause pain and inflammation in arthritic patients, are inhibited.
- Cancer : Certain chemicals in Safed Musli, such as steroidal glycoside, have anticancer properties. If administered early in the course of cancer development, it may also aid in cell apoptosis (cell death) and reduce tumour size and weight.
- Diarrhea : Although there isn’t enough data to support the use of Safed Musli for diarrhoea, it is used to help patients with diarrhoea and dysentery by boosting their immunity and strength.
Precautions to be taken while using Safed Musli:-
As per several scientific studies, below precautions should to be taken while taking Safed Musli (Chlorophytum borivilianum)(HR/3)
- It is advisable to take Safed Musli only in a recommended dose and duration under a doctors supervision.
- Avoid Safed Musli in case you have a poor digestive system. This is due to its Guru (heavy) property.
- It is advisable not to use Safed Musli for a long duration as it can cause weight gain due to its Kapha increasing property.
Special precautions to be taken while taking Safed Musli:-
As per several scientific studies, below special precautions should to be taken while taking Safed Musli (Chlorophytum borivilianum)(HR/4)
- Breastfeeding : If you are breastfeeding, you should only take Safed Musli under the guidance of a doctor.
- Pregnancy : During pregnancy, Safed Musli should only be taken under the guidance of a doctor.
How to take Safed Musli:-
As per several scientific studies, Safed Musli (Chlorophytum borivilianum) can be taken into the methods mentioned as per below(HR/5)
- Safed Musli Churna (Powder) : Take half to one teaspoon of Safed Musli powder. Have it with honey or warm milk, twice a day.
- Safed Musli (Extract) Capsule : Take one to two Safed Musli capsule. Swallow it with lukewarm milk, twice a day to enhance sex drive (libido) as well as to handle impotence.
- Safed Musli with Ghee : Take one fourth to half teaspoon of Safed Musli. Mix it with one teaspoon ghee and also use on the damaged location to eliminate mouth as well as throat abscess.
How much Safed Musli should be taken:-
As per several scientific studies, Safed Musli (Chlorophytum borivilianum) should be taken into the amounts mentioned as per below(HR/6)
- Safed Musli Churna : One fourth to half teaspoon twice a day.
- Safed Musli Capsule : One to two capsule twice a day.
Side effects of Safed Musli:-
As per several scientific studies, below side effects need to be taken into consideration while taking Safed Musli (Chlorophytum borivilianum)(HR/7)
- There is not enough scientific data available about side effects of this herb yet.
Questions asked frequently Related to the Safed Musli:-
Question. Can Safed Musli be used as a tonic?
Answer. Safed Musli is regarded as a valuable medicinal plant. It is used as a tonic, a rejuvenator, and a vitalizer. It can be used to improve one’s health by restoring immunity, reducing arthritis and diabetes symptoms, and acting as a potent aphrodisiac.
Question. Can Safed Musli be used for bodybuilding?
Answer. Exercise-trained males can utilise a combination of Safed musli and Kaunch beej as an oral dietary supplement. It aids in the enhancement of growth hormone circulation in the blood. This may also aid in the development of muscle growth and strength.
Question. How to store Safed Musli extract?
Answer. Musli extract should be kept in a well sealed jar in a cold, dry location. Avoid direct sunlight and dampness. Within 6 months of opening, the sealed container should be used.
Question. Which state in India is the highest producer of Safed musli?
Answer. The biggest producers of Safed musli are Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh.
Question. Does Safed Musli have an immunomodulatory activity?
Answer. Due to its immunostimulating qualities, the polysaccharides in Safed Musli enhance the activation of natural killer cells in the body. As a result, Safed Musli may be beneficial to the body’s immune system.
Because of its Rasayana properties, Safed Musli is an effective immune modulator. It increases the body’s longevity and vigour. 1. Mix 1 teaspoon honey with 1/2 teaspoon Safed Musli in the shape of churna (powder). 2. Do this twice a day. 3. For best effects, do this for at least 1-2 months.
Question. Does Safed Musli have any role in delaying aging?
Answer. Safed Musli’s oligo and polysaccharides contain antioxidant properties that fight free radicals and prevent cell damage. Fine lines and wrinkles are reduced as a result. Because of its rejuvenating properties, Safed Musli may also improve brain activity and strength.
Due to its Rasayana qualities, Safed Musli is excellent in postponing ageing. 1. Mix 1 glass of milk with 1/2 teaspoon of Safed Musli in the form of churna (powder). 2. Do this twice a day. 3. For best effects, do this for at least 2-3 months.
Question. What are the adverse effects of Safed Musli?
Answer. As a result, if taken at the proper dose, Safed Musli has no negative effects. It can cause gastrointestinal problems at large doses.
Question. Can Chlorophytum Borivilianum or Safed musli be used as herbal viagra?
Answer. Yes, the aqueous extract of Chlorophytum borivilianum or Safed musli improves endurance and has a substantial effect on men’s sperm count and testosterone levels.
Safed musli is an excellent Vajikarana (aphrodisiac) that improves both sexual function and sperm motility.
It’s also known as “”White gold”” or “”Divya aushad.” Safed musli is commonly used by both men and women to boost sexual performance and overall wellness.