Shallaki (Boswellia Serrata)
Shallaki is a sacred plant that has long been utilised in traditional medicine and is an important component of Ayurvedic treatment.(HR/1)
This plant’s oleo gum resin offers a wide range of therapeutic qualities. Patients with arthritis can take 1-2 Shallaki pills with water to relieve joint swelling. Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, it lowers swelling and stiffness in inflamed joints. Regularly consuming Shallaki juice (before eating) boosts brain function by preventing cell damage caused by free radicals due to its antioxidant action. According to Ayurveda, massaging Shallaki oil with coconut oil on the affected areas slowly relieves joint problems because of its analgesic properties.Because of its quicker healing activity, its topical administration aids in the healing of wounds. Shallaki powder (mixed with water to make a paste) helps to manage the signs of ageing on the skin. Shallaki should not be consumed in large quantities because it might cause nausea and stomach ache.
Shallaki is also known as :- Boswellia Serrata, Kundur, Salai, Dhup, Gugali, Chitta, Guguladhuph, Parangi, Saambraani
Shallaki is obtained from :- Plant
Uses and benefits of Shallaki:-
As per several scientific studies, uses and benefits of Shallaki (Boswellia Serrata) are mentioned as per below(HR/2)
- Osteoarthritis : Shallaki is helpful in the treatment of osteoarthritis pain. According to Ayurveda, osteoarthritis, also known as Sandhivata, is caused by an increase in Vata dosha. It produces discomfort, swelling, and rigidity in the joints. Shallaki is a Vata-balancing herb that relieves pain and swelling in the joints caused by osteoarthritis. Tips: 1. Take 1-2 Shallaki pills. 2. Swallow it with lukewarm water 1-2 times a day after eating to relieve osteoarthritis symptoms.
- Rheumatoid arthritis : In Ayurveda, Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) is referred to as Aamavata. Amavata is a disorder in which the Vata dosha is vitiated and poisonous Ama (remains in the body due to incorrect digestion) accumulates in the joints. Amavata begins with a weakened digestive fire, which leads to ama buildup. Vata transports this Ama to various sites, but instead of being absorbed, it accumulates in the joints. Shallaki is a Vata-balancing herb that also aids in the reduction of Ama. This relieves the symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis, such as joint pain and swelling. 1. Take 1-2 Shallaki capsules daily. 2. Swallow it with lukewarm water 1-2 times a day after eating to relieve rheumatoid arthritis symptoms.
- Asthma : Shallaki aids in the management of asthma symptoms and provides relief from shortness of breath. The main doshas associated in asthma, according to Ayurveda, are Vata and Kapha. In the lungs, vitiated ‘Vata’ joins with disturbed ‘Kapha dosha,’ obstructing the respiratory path. Breathing becomes difficult as a result of this. Swas Roga is the name for this disorder (asthma). Shallaki aids in the removal of excess mucus from the lungs and provides relief from asthma symptoms. This is due to its ability to balance Vata and Kapha. Tips: 1. Take 1-2 Shallaki pills. 2. After eating, swallow it with lukewarm water 1-2 times a day. 3. Do this again to treat asthma symptoms.
- Ulcerative colitis : Shallaki is beneficial in the treatment of Ulcerative Colitis symptoms. Ulcerative colitis has symptoms that are comparable to Grahni, according to Ayurveda (IBD). An imbalance of Pachak Agni is to blame (digestive fire). Shallaki’s Grahi (absorbent) and Sita (cool) characteristics aid to alleviate the symptoms of Ulcerative Colitis. This thickens the stool and prevents the bleeding in the intestines. Tips: 1. Take 1-2 Shallaki pills. 2. Swallow it with lukewarm water 1-2 times a day after eating to relieve Ulcerative colitis symptoms.
- Wrinkles : Wrinkles and other signs of ageing are caused by dry skin and a lack of moisture. It is caused by an exacerbated Vata, according to Ayurveda. Shallaki aids in the prevention of ageing and enhances the skin’s moisture content. Because of its Snigdha (oily) nature, this is the case. 1. Take 12 to 1 teaspoon of Shallaki powder, or as needed. 2. Make a paste by combining the ingredients with water. 3. Apply once a day to the affected region. 4. Set aside for 20 to 30 minutes. 5. Do this again to manage ageing symptoms.
Precautions to be taken while using Shallaki:-
As per several scientific studies, below precautions should to be taken while taking Shallaki (Boswellia Serrata)(HR/3)
Special precautions to be taken while taking Shallaki:-
As per several scientific studies, below special precautions should to be taken while taking Shallaki (Boswellia Serrata)(HR/4)
- Breastfeeding : There is insufficient scientific data to support the usage of Shallaki during breastfeeding. As a result, Shallaki should be avoided or used only under medical supervision when nursing.
Before taking Shallaki while breastfeeding, talk to your doctor.
- Pregnancy : There is insufficient scientific data to support the usage of Shallaki during pregnancy. As a result, it is best to avoid Shallaki during pregnancy or use it exclusively under physician supervision.
Before taking Shallaki while pregnant, talk to your doctor.
How to take Shallaki:-
As per several scientific studies, Shallaki (Boswellia Serrata) can be taken into the methods mentioned as per below(HR/5)
- Shallaki Juice : Take three to 5 teaspoons of Shallaki juice. Add the exact same amount of water to it. Take it once daily prior to taking food.
- Shallaki Powder : Take one fourth to half teaspoon of Shallaki powder. Swallow it with warm water one to two times a day.
- Shallaki Capsules : Take one to two capsules of Shallaki. Swallow it with lukewarm water one to two times a day after taking food.
- Shallaki Tablet : Take one to two tablet of Shallaki. Swallow it with lukewarm water one to two times a day after taking food.
- Shallaki Oil (Boswellia Serrata oil) : Take two to five drops of Boswellia Serrata oil. Mix with one to two teaspoon of coconut oil. Massage slowly on the impacted area. Repeat this till you do not obtain remedy for joint discomfort.
How much Shallaki should be taken:-
As per several scientific studies, Shallaki (Boswellia Serrata) should be taken into the amounts mentioned as per below(HR/6)
- Shallaki Juice : Three to five teaspoons once a day.
- Shallaki Powder : One fourth to half teaspoons once or twice a day, or, Half to one teaspoon or as per your requirement.
- Shallaki Capsule : One to two capsules once or twice a day.
- Shallaki Tablet : One to two tablets once or twice a day.
Side effects of Shallaki:-
As per several scientific studies, below side effects need to be taken into consideration while taking Shallaki (Boswellia Serrata)(HR/7)
- Stomach pain
Questions asked frequently Related to the Shallaki:-
Question. What are the uses of Shallaki oil?
Answer. Aromatherapy, paints, and varnishes all employ Shallaki essential oil, which is extracted from Shallaki gum resin. It is primarily utilised for its pleasant scent.
Question. In what forms Shallaki is available in the market?
Answer. Shallaki comes in a variety of forms, including powder, tablets, and capsules, and is sold under a variety of brands.
Question. Can Shallaki cause dizziness?
Answer. Shallaki does not produce dizziness when taken in the authorised dosage.
Question. Is Shallaki bad for the joints?
Answer. Shallaki is not harmful to the joints. Shallaki has been shown to alleviate pain, improve knee-joint abnormalities, and aid individuals with osteoarthritis in studies.
Shallaki, in fact, is beneficial for all joint disorders when administered for one to two months. This is due to its ability to balance Vata.
Question. How does Shallaki prevent Autoimmune disease?
Answer. Because of its antioxidant properties, Shallaki may aid in the management of autoimmune illness. Shallaki’s antioxidants battle free radicals, which are responsible for cell damage. This aids in the body’s immunological response improvement.
Question. What are the benefits of Shallaki juice?
Answer. Shallaki juice has a variety of health benefits due to its high carbohydrate and other ingredient content. Because of its anti-inflammatory characteristics, it aids in the management of rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis. It helps to relieve joint pain and inflammation. It also aids in the improvement of appetite.
Question. How can Shallaki (Boswellia) resin improve brain function?
Answer. Shallaki’s antioxidant properties help to boost brain function. The antioxidants in Shallaki resin fight free radicals, which are responsible for neuronal (brain) cell damage. This aids in the treatment of issues such as memory loss and Alzheimer’s disease.
Because of its Balya (strength provider) quality, Shallaki resin is a helpful treatment for improving brain function. It aids in the management of cell degeneration and provides strength to the brain for proper function.
This plant’s oleo gum resin offers a wide range of therapeutic qualities. Patients with arthritis can take 1-2 Shallaki pills with water to relieve joint swelling.