Strawberry (Fragaria ananassa)
Strawberry is a deep red fruit that is sweet, tart, and juicy.(HR/1)
Vitamin C, phosphate, and iron are all abundant in this fruit. Strawberry increases immunity and aids in the treatment of a variety of infections and ailments. Because of its antioxidant properties, it enhances heart health and aids in the reduction of high cholesterol. Strawberries may help with constipation due to their Vata balancing and Rechana (laxative) characteristics, according to Ayurveda. Strawberry is healthy for the skin and is used in a number of cosmetic items such as washes and lotions. It aids in the reduction of skin oiliness, the control of acne, and the promotion of skin whitening.
Strawberry is also known as :- Fragaria ananassa
Strawberry is obtained from :- Plant
Uses and benefits of Strawberry:-
As per several scientific studies, uses and benefits of Strawberry (Fragaria ananassa) are mentioned as per below(HR/2)
- Constipation : An exacerbated Vata dosha leads to constipation. This can be caused by eating junk food frequently, drinking too much coffee or tea, sleeping late at night, stress, or despair. All of these variables increase Vata and produce constipation in the large intestine. Strawberry’s Vata balancing and Rechana (laxative) characteristics aid in the relief of constipation. Tips: a. Take 1-2 tablespoons strawberry powder or, if fresh strawberries are available, fresh strawberries. c. Mix into any beverage, smoothie, or yoghurt. c. For best benefits, take it twice a day.
- High cholesterol : An imbalance of Pachak Agni causes high cholesterol (digestive fire). Excess waste products, or Ama, are produced when tissue digestion is impaired (toxic remains in the body due to improper digestion). This leads to the buildup of harmful cholesterol and the occlusion of blood arteries. Strawberry’s Ama-lowering properties aid in the treatment of high cholesterol. It also aids in the removal of pollutants from the blood vessels, which aids in the removal of blockages. a. Take 1-2 teaspoons of Strawberry powder or, if fresh strawberries are available, fresh strawberries. c. Mix into any beverage, smoothie, or yoghurt. c. For best benefits, take it twice a day.
- Gouty Arthritis : In cases of high uric acid, such as gouty arthritis, regular consumption of strawberries is advantageous. This is due to its diuretic (Mutral) properties. It boosts urine production and makes it easier to get rid of excess uric acid. a. Take 1-2 teaspoons of Strawberry powder or, if fresh strawberries are available, fresh strawberries. c. Mix into any beverage, smoothie, or yoghurt. c. For best benefits, take it twice a day.
- Hypertension : Strawberries may help to decrease blood pressure if consumed regularly. Its high potassium concentration and Mutral (diuretic) impact account for this. It promotes the generation of urine and the removal of excess fluid from the body. This aids in the management of high blood pressure. a. Take 1-2 teaspoons of Strawberry powder or, if fresh strawberries are available, fresh strawberries. c. Mix into any beverage, smoothie, or yoghurt. c. For best benefits, take it twice a day.
- Acne : “An increase in sebum production and pore blockage is caused by Kapha aggravation. Both white and blackheads occur as a result of this. Strawberry helps to control acne by removing excess oil from the skin. This is owing to the Amla (sour) quality of the fruit. Tips: a. Measure out 1-2 teaspoons of strawberry powder. c. Make a paste using it and milk. c. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving. d. Spread evenly on the face. e. After 15-20 minutes, rinse your face with plain water. f.Alternatively, use 1-2 ripe strawberries. g. Mash thoroughly and combine with honey. h. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving. i. Spread equally throughout the face. j. Wash your face with regular water after 15-20 minutes.”
- Dandruff : Dandruff, according to Ayurveda, is a scalp disease characterised by flakes of dry skin. This is caused by an overabundance of Vata and Pitta doshas. Strawberry balances the Vata and Pitta doshas and prevents dandruff. a. Take 6-7 ripe strawberries and thoroughly mash them. b. Make a smooth paste with 1 tablespoon of coconut milk. b. Apply the product to your hair. d. Wear a shower cap over your head. e. Set aside for 20 to 30 minutes. f. Use a gentle shampoo. b. Do this twice a month to keep your hair shining.
Precautions to be taken while using Strawberry:-
As per several scientific studies, below precautions should to be taken while taking Strawberry (Fragaria ananassa)(HR/3)
Special precautions to be taken while taking Strawberry:-
As per several scientific studies, below special precautions should to be taken while taking Strawberry (Fragaria ananassa)(HR/4)
- Breastfeeding : There isn’t enough scientific data to support the usage of Strawberry when breastfeeding. As a result, it is recommended that Strawberry be consumed in food quantities.
- Other Interaction : 1. Strawberry has anti-cancer properties. As a result, it is typically recommended that you check your doctor before eating strawberries with anti-cancer medications. 2. Blood thinners may interact with strawberries. As a result, if you’re using Strawberry with other anticoagulants, you should talk to your doctor beforehand.
- Pregnancy : There is insufficient scientific data to support the usage of Strawberry during pregnancy. As a result, it is recommended that Strawberry be consumed in food quantities.
How to take Strawberry:-
As per several scientific studies, Strawberry (Fragaria ananassa) can be taken into the methods mentioned as per below(HR/5)
- Strawberry Powder : Take one to two teaspoons of Strawberry powder. Add to any kind of beverage, smoothie, yogurt. Take it two times a day for efficient outcomes.
- Raw Strawberry : Eat raw Strawberry according to your requirement as well as taste.
- Strawberry Jam : Take half to one teaspoon of Strawberry jamApply on bread or appreciate based on your liking as well as requirement.
- Strawberry Scrub : Mash one to two Strawberries. Gently massage therapy it over the face for two to four minutes. Wash extensively with faucet water. Use this solution two to three times a week to do away with monotony and also blackheads.
How much Strawberry should be taken:-
As per several scientific studies, Strawberry (Fragaria ananassa) should be taken into the amounts mentioned as per below(HR/6)
- Strawberry Powder : One to two teaspoon once a day, or, One to two teaspoon as per your requirement.
- Strawberry Juice : Half to one cup twice a day or as per your requirement, or, One to two teaspoon or as per your requirement.
Side effects of Strawberry:-
As per several scientific studies, below side effects need to be taken into consideration while taking Strawberry (Fragaria ananassa)(HR/7)
- Contact urticaria
Questions asked frequently Related to the Strawberry:-
Question. How many Strawberries should you eat?
Answer. strawberries in a day will suffice to meet your vitamin C requirements.
Question. How do you get seeds from fresh Strawberries?
Answer. 1. Mash a few ripe strawberries with a fork. 2. Sort the seeds out. 3. Thoroughly clean and dry the seeds. 4. Strawberry seeds can also be obtained directly from the market.
Question. Do Strawberry need full sun to grow?
Answer. Strawberries require about 8 hours of sunlight to grow. In the case of strawberries, the weather conditions are critical for their optimal growth and development.
Question. How often do Strawberry plants need to be watered?
Answer. Strawberry plants need to be watered on a regular basis. Instead of watering them in the evening, do so during the day.
Question. Can we apply Strawberry on face?
Answer. Strawberries are a natural cure for rejuvenation and acne management that can be used on the face. It comes in the shape of a scrub, cleanser, and moisturiser that can be used on the face. Take 2-3 strawberries as a starting point. c. Blend everything together in a blender. c. Mix it with your massage lotion. d. Massage your face and neck lightly 2-3 times each day.
Question. How can I make a Strawberry face mask at home?
Answer. Strawberry mask can be made at home by following the steps below: a. Measure out 1-2 tablespoons strawberry powder. c. Combine it with some milk. c. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving. d. Spread evenly on the face. e. Set aside for 4-5 minutes. For bright, acne-free skin, wash thoroughly with fresh water.
Question. Does Strawberry cause heartburn?
Answer. Strawberry is a highly acidic fruit. It has a sour taste that, if consumed in large quantities, can cause heartburn.
Question. Does Strawberry helps in hair growth?
Answer. Strawberry may help promote hair development, yet there isn’t enough scientific data to back it up. One cup of strawberries contains 84.7 grammes of vitamin C (ascorbic acid), which may help with hair development.
Question. Can pregnant women eat Strawberry?
Answer. There isn’t enough scientific information to say whether or not a pregnant woman can consume strawberry. Strawberry, on the other hand, is good for overall health because it’s high in vitamins and other critical nutrients that can aid with a variety of health problems.
Question. Are Strawberries good for teeth?
Answer. It has not been scientifically shown that strawberries provide any dental benefits. Strawberry teeth whitening is a fallacy; yet, in a few cases, it has resulted in enamel degradation.
Vitamin C, phosphate, and iron are all abundant in this fruit. Strawberry increases immunity and aids in the treatment of a variety of infections and ailments.