Haritaki, Bibhitaki, and Amalaki are three fruits or herbs that make up Triphala.(HR/1)
It’s known as Tridoshic Rasayana in Ayurveda, which means it’s a medicinal agent that balances the three doshas: Kapha, Vata, and Pitta. It is high in antioxidants, such as vitamin C, which aid in the development of immunity. Because of its purifying properties, taking Triphala pills on an empty stomach before night can help with internal cleansing. Triphala churna also aids weight loss by lowering energy intake and reducing body fat levels. Because of its antioxidant properties, it also protects against some cardiac disorders.Due to its laxative properties, Triphala powder eaten with milk or Triphala tablets provide relief from constipation. Due to its anti-aging properties, a paste of Triphala and coconut oil can be applied to the face to improve skin texture and suppleness. Triphala is also beneficial to the eyes because of its antioxidant action, which aids in eye health. The presence of vitamin C in triphala helps to reduce hair loss and encourage hair growth when applied to the scalp. Triphala is suitable for all skin types, but it is recommended that you use it with coconut oil if you have dry skin. Excessive consumption of Triphala may result in diarrhoea.
Triphala :- HR180/E
Triphala :- Plant
As per several scientific studies, uses and benefits of Triphala are mentioned as per below(HR/2)
- Constipation : Constipation is caused by an aggravated Vata dosha, which can be caused by eating a lot of junk food, drinking a lot of coffee or tea, sleeping late at night, stress, and depression, all of which aggravate Vata in the large intestine and cause constipation. Taking Triphala helps to relieve constipation because of its Rechana (mild laxative) and Vata balancing properties. Tips: a. Measure out 12 to 2 tablespoons of Triphala Powder. b. To relieve constipation, drink it with lukewarm water before going to bed.
- Weak immunity : Triphala is commonly utilised to boost immunity and combat common health problems. This is owing to the fact that it has a Rasayana (rejuvenating) effect. a. Take 12 – 2 tablespoons of Triphala Powder with honey first thing in the morning after a light meal. c. Do this every day to boost your immunity.
- Obesity : Triphala is one of the safest Ayurvedic weight-loss formulas. Weight gain is caused by poor eating habits and a sedentary lifestyle, which results in a weakened digestive tract. This leads to a rise in Ama accumulation, producing in an imbalance in the meda dhatu and obesity. Because of its Deepan (appetiser) and Pachan (digestive) characteristics, Triphala aids in the removal of Ama. It also corrects the meda dhatu’s imbalance. Triphala’s Rechana (moderate laxative) property also helps to eliminate waste from the intestine. a. Use 12 to 2 tablespoons of Triphala Powder. To manage obesity, b. Swallow it with lukewarm water, ideally before night.
- Hair loss : When applied to the scalp, triphala helps to decrease hair loss and encourage hair growth. This is owing to the fact that hair loss is mostly caused by an irritated Vata dosha in the body. Triphala balances Vata and prevents dandruff, which is the leading cause of hair loss. Tips: a. Mix 1/2 to 1 tablespoon of Triphala powder in a small bowl. b. Pour in 2 cups of water and cook over medium heat until the water is reduced to half its original volume. c. Allow it to cool completely before applying it to your scalp. d. Let it sit for 30 minutes. f. Use a gentle herbal shampoo to wash your hair. f. Do it at least once a week.
- Acne : Triphala is beneficial for skin issues such as acne and pimples. Kapha aggravation, according to Ayurveda, causes increased sebum production and pore blockage. Both white and blackheads occur as a result of this. Another reason is Pitta aggravation, which results in red papules (bumps) and pus-filled inflammation. Because of its Pitta-Kapha balancing characteristics, Triphala can help reduce acne and pimples on the skin. Tips: a. Take 1/2-1 teaspoon powdered Triphala. b. Make a paste with it and coconut oil. d. Gently press the paste into your skin to apply it to your face. d. Apply the Triphala mask and let it on for 15 minutes. g. Finally, cleanse your face with warm water.
As per several scientific studies, below precautions should to be taken while taking Triphala(HR/3)
As per several scientific studies, below special precautions should to be taken while taking Triphala(HR/4)
As per several scientific studies, Triphala can be taken into the methods mentioned as per below(HR/5)
- Triphala Capsule : Take one to two pills of Triphala. Swallow it with water twice a day preferably after dishes.
- Triphala Tablet : Take one to two Tablet Computers of Triphala. Swallow them with water two times a day preferably after dishes.
- Triphala Juice : Take two to three teaspoons of Triphala juice. Add the same amount of water. Drink it before taking food one or two times a day.
- Triphala Powder : Take half to one teaspoon of fine Triphala powder. Add it to one mug of boiling water. Let it cool. Strain the water with great strainer. Dip a cotton pad into the Triphala water. Wipe your eyes gently with that said water.
As per several scientific studies, Triphala should be taken into the amounts mentioned as per below(HR/6)
- Triphala Powder : Half to two teaspoon once or twice a day, or, Half to one teaspoon or as per your requirement.
- Triphala Capsule : One to two capsules twice a day.
- Triphala Tablet : One to two tablets twice a day.
- Triphala Juice : Two to three teaspoon once or twice a day.
As per several scientific studies, below side effects need to be taken into consideration while taking Triphala(HR/7)
- There is not enough scientific data available about side effects of this herb yet.
Question. When should I take Triphala?
Answer. It’s advisable to take Triphala 30 minutes before bedtime to get the most out of its laxative and digestive properties.
Question. Is Triphala good for constipation?
Answer. Triphala soothes constipation, flatulence, and bloating by gently cleansing the gut. This is because it has a modest laxative effect.
Question. Is Triphala good for eyes?
Answer. Triphala is beneficial to the eyes. Vitamin C and flavonoids are abundant in this fruit. According to studies, Triphala’s antioxidant action aids in the increase of certain enzymes that are beneficial to eye health.
Question. Is Triphala good for arthritis?
Answer. Triphala has anti-inflammatory properties and is beneficial to arthritis sufferers. It inhibits the production of inflammatory mediators by inhibiting the pathway via which they are produced. This relieves joint pain and inflammation.
Question. Do Triphala cause weight loss?
Answer. Triphala has been shown in studies to aid in weight loss and body fat reduction. Triphala helps to lower total cholesterol, triglycerides, and LDL cholesterol when used on a regular basis (bad cholesterol)
Question. Does Triphala cause high blood pressure?
Answer. Triphala is a vata-pitta-kapha (Vata-Pitta-Kapha) balancing herb that does not produce high blood pressure. However, if you already have high blood pressure, you should speak with your doctor before using Triphala.
Question. What are the benefits of taking Triphala with milk?
Answer. Triphala with milk is a moderate laxative that aids in bowel movement improvement. This aids in the management of the digestive tract and the prevention of constipation. 1. Before retiring to bed, take 3 to 6 gms of Triphala churna with a glass of warm milk.
Triphala and milk are an excellent combo since Triphala contains Rechana (a laxative) and milk has Rechana as well as Balya (strengthening) qualities. They work together to aid digestion and relieve constipation.
Question. Do Triphala lightens the skin?
Answer. Melanin is a pigment that determines the colour of the skin. The darker the skin tone, the more melanin there is. According to studies, Triphala includes elements that limit the synthesis of melanin, resulting in a lighter skin tone.
It’s known as Tridoshic Rasayana in Ayurveda, which means it’s a medicinal agent that balances the three doshas: Kapha, Vata, and Pitta. It is high in antioxidants, such as vitamin C, which aid in the development of immunity.